Wooden toothbrush holder, wood pen pencil stand, sapele iroko teak, bathroom decoration, Christmas present, Birthday gift, engraving, legno verfügbar am Marktplatz mit Preis um 25 Euro.
Beschreibung von Wooden toothbrush holder, wood pen pencil stand, sapele iroko teak, bathroom decoration, Christmas present, Birthday gift, engraving, legno:
A classy wooden toothbrush / pencil, pen holder from Sapele wood. Bathroom decorative item, housewarming gift.
Can also be personalised with a laser engraving, with the name, initials or monogram of the recipient. For details, please see http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=209382477
Can also be made with two holes for toothbrushes (with the monograms of the couple engraved, this would make a nice wedding present).
Inspired by the idea that function should go hand-in-hand with beauty, these are perfect for gifts,
These are made to order. You can chose the wood – I suggest sapele or Iroko.
The toothbrush hole has a small draining hole at the bottom and is pre-finished with walnut oil for added protection against moisture. Then the entire toothbrush holder is finished with several coats of shellac, then a coat or two of varnish, for beauty and protection. Shellac is perfect for this application as it
– brings out the deep luster of these woods, and
– insulates the wood against exchange of moisture with the environment (of course, the additional coats of varnish insulate it even further).
The toothbrush holder stands on 6 plastic feet, once again to guard against moisture.
The same design can be used as a pen / pencil holder, in which case the draining hole and plastic feet are not needed. Please specify the intended use in the options/properties box.
Approximate size is 11 x 5 x 4 cm.
Can also be modified to hold two or more toothbrushes (e.g. his/hers). If interested in such a modification or if you want something different, do not hesitate to contact me.
– Wood and moisture do not mix well. When wood is exposed to moisture, it absorbs it and swells. The problem is that it swells more in the exterior, which eventually may lead to cracking. If you use this item as a toothbrush holder, it will most probably be exposed to water. I have done everything I can to protect it (shellac is a pretty good moisture barrier, and so is varnish) but you should be carefull too. No need to be hysteric about it, but if you wipe it when you see water splashing on it, it will last much longer. If, on the other hand, you immerse it in water and leave it there, don’t come back and complain for the results.
– As with most of my wooden items, this one can be personalised with an optional laser engraving – your monogram etc. See http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=209382477 for details.
– In 2016, Bubinga and all genuine rosewood species (Dalbergia spp) have been listed in appendix II of CITES. I can therefore no longer send objects made from these species outside the European Union.
You can also have a look at my other items, including:
– Wooden USB sticks:
– Wooden cases for USB sticks:
– Wooden USB hubs:
– Wooden external HDD / SSD cases:
– Wooden cases for Raspberry Pi mini-PC:
– Wooden paper knives – letter openers:
– Wooden pen cases:
– Desktop organisers:
– Jewelry, including cuneiform tablets with your name:
– Home decoration, including an arts and crafts sconce:
text and images (c) 2014 cunei.etsy.com